Friday 12 June 2009

Why I Hate My Financial Advisor

To be blunt, straight away, I will simply say that my financial advisor is a boob. He's short, red-faced, and toothy. In addition, he talks far too much. Aren't these people supposed to listen rather than jabber on endlessly about the advantages of trusting them completely with every single financial decision you will ever, EVER make?

So, I hate him with an intensity and bubbling rage that, heretofore, I have not experienced. My previous advisor, with the same company, which I won't mention...OK, I will, it's VALIC, those bastards that nearly ran the world into the sun with their greed and hubris-driven insanity. Nonetheless, my first advisor was Asian, and I simply adored him. Not because of his ethnicity, but because he freaking listened to me, which, as I may have mentioned, my new advisor seems to be unable to do. In fact, Mr. Short Red cannot cease with his talking. I just met with him for 25 minutes and was barely able to get in a word. Bring back the Asian!

In closing, and to reiterate, I hate my VALIC advisor, even though the Bible implores us all to not hate our advisors. In the spirit of reconciliation, I will make all efforts to reduce my hatred to simple loathing. My weekend, however, has been ruined by his stain on my office furniture. I may require an early exit so that I can beat the crowd to Trader Joe's for a bottle of pinot noir to go with our delightful tri-tip this evening. I have spoken!

No comments:

Post a Comment